Day 1 - Departure


  First day paddling and I'm SO stoked to be on the water. It's been close to 3 months of planning and it's all led up to this! I'm very excited, a little nervous, but ready to get out there! Strange to think that this kayak will be my home and vehicle for the next 2 months. Most of me wants to get up and go and knock out as many miles as possible, I have to keep reminding myself that I have plenty of time and I'm in no rush.
  My first paddle was a short one, I did around 6 miles and landed on a beautiful beach just west of Fort Pickens on the other side of the Pensacola Inlet. I'm camping out on a beautiful white sandy beach looks like it's never been touched. The water is clear and the sky is beautiful. Ready to reorganize and knock out some miles tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sailing to Suwannee! 

Bikes Bikes Bikes  

Day 4 - A Little Help From the Smiths