Day 2 - Deep Water

Woke up to a beautiful sunrise and decided to get right at it! Was a cool 60 degrees and I got an early start! Right off the bat I entered the main channel coming out of Pensacola, depths exceed 50 feet here so I proceeded with caution as several large ships were moving in and out frequently. Luckily the water was flat and I only had a few small boat wakes to deal with. Passing Fort Pickens I stopped and observed the old structure which has stood since the civil war era.


The day consisted of easy paddling over a 17 mile course with a few bridges and small bay crossings. I landed early around 2:00 pm and decided to take the time to relax and enjoy the beautiful campsite I'm staying at.




Currently enjoying the sunset and looking forward to a big 24 mile day tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bikes Bikes Bikes  

Sailing to Suwannee! 

Day 4 - A Little Help From the Smiths