Day 6 - New gear and old friends!



   After a quick breakfast and a little gear clean up this morning I was surprised by a phone call from Mrs. Kim Luallen, a former teacher from my elementary school. She recently moved to a town near where I was staying and said she'd be happy to meet up and bring me anything I need! I couldn't resist her offer so after a quick talk we met up and drove over to the local outfitters where I picked up some spare dry bags, a new ground tarp to keep the sand out of my gear, and some my flies for some fishing later on the trip.



We had a short lunch and they dropped me off back at the campsite. Always a pleasure to see some old friends, and I enjoyed talking with her son Zach, who I used to mentor when I was about 11 years old. Thanks again Luallen family!

The rest of the afternoon was spent organizing, re-charging, and a little light studying of my charts and books for the trip. Feeling prepared and excited to cover some ground ( water?) tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bikes Bikes Bikes  

Sailing to Suwannee! 

Day 4 - A Little Help From the Smiths