A quick update on my trip status!
  - The current plan is to depart monday from Big Lagoon State park and begin my voyage down the Gulf Coast. I'll be posting updates as often as possible about my gear, meetings, interviews, and day to day stories!

 - As a reminder, I am raising money to support restoration projects in Hernando County, including artificial reefs, and oyster reefs as well. As an avid free-diver I hope to see more artificial reefs along with wrecks and interesting structures to explore. I hope to begin studying one of the nearshore reefs as a project at UCF to determine how these artificial reefs can make our coasts more resilient. As I paddle the Gulf Coast I hope to interview residents and resource staff to learn what their communities are doing to restore and enhance their ecosystems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sailing to Suwannee! 

Bikes Bikes Bikes  

Day 4 - A Little Help From the Smiths